Welcome to Newspatchers

Friday 9 October 2015

Manchester United fan Usain Bolt wears Arsenal shirt after losing bet




Bolt bet with Arsenal-supporting TV presenter Patty Lopez de la Cerda
The world's fastest man Usain Bolt is a stringent Manchester United supporter.
But like many other fans of the Old Trafford club, he got a bit over-confident ahead of the Arsenal clash at the Emirates on Sunday.
Louis van Gaal's team, of course, conceded three goals in just 20 minutes in an awful display.
Bolt had made a bet with Mexican Arsenal-supporting TV presenter Patty Lopez de la Cerda that the loser would have to wear the shirt of the other.
The Jamaican sprinter, who has said that Rio 2016 will be his last Olympics, posted the results on Instagram. He said: "So I lost a bet with @pattylopezdelac that man untied [sic] would win but they didn't so I have to pay up on my bet so sorry guys. #nothappy #seriousface"
"I start training for the Olympics next Monday [October 12]. It will be my last Olympics," he said on the Ellen DeGeneres show.
"I should have one more World Championships but I'm not too sure what I want to do [after retiring]. Some people say I should try acting but I think I will stay in sport and figure out what I can do."
As some eagle-eyed people have noticed Bolt - who earns $10million in sponsorship from sportswear brand Puma - has never been pictured in a Manchester United shirt, as they have had huge deals with Nike and now adidas.
Arsenal have a £30m-a-year deal with Puma.

No comments:

Post a Comment